Strategy execution practices – Template for goal setting & alignment
Strategy execution practices – Clear strategic intent inspires your organisation
• Strategic intent gives a common purpose, lays emphasis on opportunities to pursue and inspires every stakeholder in the organization.
• Strategic intent is usually derived from the company’s vision (or) many a times strategic intents form the basis for creating a vision for the organisation.
• Strategic Intent directs the organization’s focus, thoughts and actions to the present.
• Strategic intent defines the purpose of your organisations’ existence in the ecosystem. It defines your actions around growth, operations, innovation and customer.
Strategy execution practices – Organisation goals formalises the key success factors required to execute the intent
• Organisation goals translate the strategic intent into actionable, relevant, measurable goals.
• Organisations goals should be holistic and necessarily span across organisation growth, operations efficiency, innovation and customer delight.
• Involve all key stakeholders while arriving at organisation goals. Stakeholders buy-in is critical for business success.
Strategy execution practices – Department goals enable organisation goals
• Key stakeholders across functions and operations must converge and create goals that make everyone accountable for the execution of the organisation goals.
• Every department / function should involve key stakeholders while arriving at goals and KRA’s for successful execution.
• Department goals have to be transparent, objective and communicated effectively to all stakeholders in the ecosystem.
• Each department should necessarily have at least one KRA for every organisation goals. This way all departments contribute to the overall achievement of the goals.